Wednesday, October 1, 2008

More Cow Bell

There is a new addition to my blog and it's called more cow bell! Well, really, it's just a section of YouTube videos specifically having the keywords "more cow bell" in the title. Kathleen (my beloved sister-in-law, for those of you who don't know) told me my blog needed "more cow bell" so if you like Saturday Night Live, Will Ferrel, Christopher Walken or cow bells I hope you enjoy! And if you've never seen this SNL skit before, it is pretty funny if you ask me.

Anyway... today was a pretty long day. I got to work at 9:30, which isn't bad, but I didn't get home until 10:30 tonight. A long day but a good day... I ended the day at an event we call Big Rise. This is when all the Rise (young adult) small groups all come together once a month in one big group - hence the name BIG Rise. I wasn't expecting to be able to make it, but I was pleasantly surprised that we even got there just in time to hear all of John's talk. A little snippet about his talk: It started with the Great Commission and ended with a challenge to (1) have a right, personal relationship with God and (2) live in the world (not of it), immersing ourselves in the culture in order to reach others and not boxing ourselves up into to little Christian bubbles or what John described to us as the "Christian ghetto." It was a cool analogy... if you want an explanation of the "Christian ghetto" just let me know, but it won't be as good as John told it. Afterwards, while everyone was chatting and mingling, you know the usual, I saw Kim open a door into a room of fun. I was intrigued! So when she came back out I told her I wanted to go in there... by room of fun I mean a closed garage with a ping pong table, mini basketball hoop with a mini basketball to go with it, a unicycle, and some other garagey type things. Yes, a unicycle... who rides those anymore? So I made my way into this room and eventually a game of Around the World got started - you know, where everyone gathers 'round the ping pong table and you run around the table taking turns hitting the ping pong ball back and forth and if you miss it or mess up you're out. And when there's only two people left they have to spin in a circle after every time they hit the ball until someone misses or gets too dizzy to hit straight. I was totally excited to get to this point at least 3 times! People started to get excited whenever I got out. So, I got pretty good at this game... not that it's much to be proud of, but it's something! :) 

Hawaiian word of the day: okole = butt or bumper, if you work at Kamp! *I was told this one while I was learning how to surf/learning how to fall flat when you surf so you don't hit your okole on the reef. Ouch!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've got a fever, and the only cure is this blog!