Friday, October 10, 2008

You remind me of the babe. What babe?

So, you know those movies you really liked as a kid and then you go back and watch them again as an adult and realize how awful they are, but you still hold a special place for them in your heart? Well, maybe you do maybe you don't, but for me The Labyrinth is one of those movies. I'm not talking about the more recent subtitled film Pan's Labyrinth. I'm talking 1986, Jim Henson puppets, David Bowie in tight pants... THE Labyrinth! It is one of the strangest yet most hilarious movies I've ever seen. And if you haven't seen it I don't know if I can quite describe it to you. Anyway, we - that being me and the rest of the interns- decided it would be fun to watch The Labyrinth for our weekly Family Night held every Monday. The funny part is that Whitney, Joshua and I talked this movie up like it was something really great and when the rest saw what they were getting into they probably could have classified us as a bit crazy. But they laughed and that's all that matters!

Now that we've all seen this movie we thought it would be a fun idea for all of us to dress up as characters from The Labyrinth for Halloween. So far the two I just can't wait to see are Jerith and Ludo (see pics). Jerith aka the Goblin King is David Bowie's character and Ludo is this big monster that looks like a "wild thing" from Where The Wild Things Are (great book!) and says things like "Ludo hungry!" and "Smelllll..." throughout the movie. He's cute. 

As far as our costumes go... we'll see if we actually follow through with the plan!

No comments: